Parents and carers are welcomed, informed and involved in their child’s education. The three way partnership between parents/carers, student and Academy is built on shared trust, confidence and understanding. Such a way of working in partnership is essential for each student’s success.
The home-school partnership is underpinned by good communication which includes:
- a parent/carer induction session in July;
- a regular newsletter;
- each student has a Student Organiser;
- regular contact with House Tutors and subject teachers;
- two progress reports and a full report each year; and
- an early transition meeting with your child’s House Tutor.
We ask parents/careers to give support so the focus is on the positive. We have a culture which is one of recognising and rewarding achievement. However, if a student is not doing what is expected we see it as our duty to remind him or her of our expectations and put in place any appropriate sanctions which we expect parents to support. All we ask is that each student does his or her best. We will not tolerate a student who disrupts the Academy experience for others.