The Science department at Skinners’ Kent Academy is a growing and developing area of the Academy with a specialism in Science and Engineering. The results in this area are going from strength to strength showing clear leadership and dedication from its team. All staff are highly trained and the department is supported by a highly skilled science technician. The focus for the development of the department this year is questioning and scientific literacy.
* Understanding of key concepts to help solve problems in unfamiliar situations
* Using scientific methods of investigation to solve problems in a disciplined way
* Appreciating the contribution science and engineering makes to society and realise that applying science can lead to moral and ethical issues having to be addressed
* Understanding that learning in science and engineering contributes to personal development because the interest and curiosity shown need to be balanced by an awareness of health and safety matters and respect for living things and the environment
* Appreciating the powerful, but provisional nature of scientific knowledge and explanation and understanding that science and engineering are always developing
* Giving students access to careers in science and technology at a variety of levels
GCSE Biology Chemistry and Physics
GCSE Science A
GCSE Additional Science
Cambridge National in Science
The choice of course is based on the learning style of the student to ensure that they learn in the most suitable way for them.
4 Science labs
3 High Spec Labs
1 dedicated science lab for Newton house
A range of out door learning opportunities including large grounds for biological studies and allotments on site.
We offer a Science and Engineering club and a gardening club.