Through a programme of workshops and activities, we give students opportunities to look at different pathways for the future so that, on leaving the Academy, they find a destination which meets their talents and aspirations.
Nineteen Year 13 students completed the International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme between June 2017 and 2018 – with seven taking the higher education route. They were awarded places at the Universities of Cardiff, Coventry, Greenwich, Kent, Leeds and Surrey; reading Education, Accountancy, Law, International Business, Computer Science (with a year in Industry), International Relations and International Business Management. Twelve students went directly into full-time employment locally in a variety of positions including retail, healthcare, technical design and stock maintenance.
Of the 34 current Year 13 students, over 60% have expressed interest in applying for University, with 10 already completing their personal statements in readiness for formal UCAS applications in October. The remaining 40% are involved in work experience, investigating or completing job, apprenticeships and degree apprenticeships applications.
Higher Education Institutions accepting the IBCP
Examples of Subjects Studied
Accounting & Management
Arabic & English
Archaeology & History
Art & Design
Business & Management
Independent Games Production
Marketing & Advertising
Media & Film
In the News
From: Mail Online: 21 December 2016
From Re:locate Global: 23rd December 2016