As part of the IBCP the Sixth Form are required in each year to complete 30 hours of Service Learning. In Year 12 this is centred around the Academy community, whilst in Year 13 it widens to the community of Tunbridge Wells and possibly beyond.
Since September the year 12s have been involved in a wide range of activities.
- Helping to raise around £500 by organising a Halloween Disco for Newton House
- Acting as guides at Academy open events
- Fund raising for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Literacy and Numeracy intervention with students in Years 7 & 8
They have also attended:
- License to Kill – a driving awareness course delivered by Kent Police and Fire Brigade and KCC
Year 13 students have widened their support into the local community. Their work has included acting as:
- Dementia Buddies with Pembury Hospital
- Shop workers for local charities
- Support workers in Hospice in the Weald
- Seven Springs support work
- Support Workers at Barnardo’s
- Supporting teachers as subject mentors across a range of subjects